'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Skin Food For Better Skin

Today I will be talking about *Drum rolls* the:
Skin Food’s Lettuce and Cucumber Series

 They mainly focus on, hydrating, moisture retention and moisturizing.
  
The involved culprits are namely the:
  • Toner
  • Water Drop Essence
  • Water Jelly Cream 
Back when I was younger, I’ve often been put off with tedious skin care regime that many girls do thus it have been only a one step only cleanser since forever.

It was until recently, about last year till I become such a skincare junkie as I realized my skin condition deteriorate with the continuous makeup I put on without caring for my skin.

Luckily I was blessed with fairly good skin and thus was able to slowly salvage the condition.

This was the simple 3 step regime that the BA at Skin Food urges me to try. It’s just to cleanse, add this 3 step regime and moisturize. To me, it was simple, easy and time saving so I decided to give it a go.

This is super time saving starter for lazy girls like me or girls who want to have a stepping stone into proper skin care regimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be starting the journey then,

After removing your make up and cleansing, start out with the:
Lettuce and Cucumber Toner

Just soak the cotton pad with a suitable amount of the product on the cotton pad and pat it around your face and neck avoiding the delicate areas like the eyes and the lip.

Priced @ $34.90 dollars for a 135ml bottle

Pros
  • Cooling sensation upon application.
  • No pimple or rash outbreak – The SA mentioned that though all toner contains alcohol but theirs contains very mild traces of alcohol and is of a different component then usual drugstore toners. I once got a serious pimple and rash outbreak all together for trying a drugstore toner and ended up making me hate skin care products all together.
  • The glass bottle seems really durable, as I dropped it twice and there is not a single chipping or breakage. Though please don’t try it on purposely =_=;;
Cons
  • Didn’t help in the removal of excess sebum and dirt.
  • Cute packaging though the dispensing of the products takes quite an effort at the start.

Next,
Lettuce and Cucumber Water Drop Essence

  
Pump the bottle to dispense the product out, one pump or less is enough for the entire face. Spread the product evenly using your hands before patting it gently on your entire face.

Priced @ $38.30 dollars for a 45ml bottle

Pros
  • Cooling sensation upon application.
  • Instant absorption upon skin contact.
  • Refreshing, do not have an overpowering scent.
  • Non-oily or sticky feeling.
Cons
  • Bad control on amount applied will result in rash breakout, though it usually subside given it a day or two.

Lastly,
Lettuce and Cucumber Water Jelly Cream

  
Start by using a spatula or with clean and dry fingers to dig out a small amount out. Spread the product evenly using your hands before patting it gently on your entire face.

Priced @ $38.30 dollars for a 50ml bottle

Pros
  • Easily absorbed through require more time than the essence.
  • Doesn’t feel heavy on my skin.
Cons
  • Bad control on amount applied will result in rash breakout, through it usually subside given it a day or two. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The showdown between the:
Water Drop Essence and Water Jelly Cream

I squeeze out some of each of the product on my hand,

Before the test with both of the products on my hand.

After massaging both of the products on my hand to see the results.

On the left,
The Water Jelly Cream has a light creamy texture that absorbs pretty fast and produces a glossy finish. 

On the right,
The Water Drop Essence have a waxy creamy texture to it, it is a gel type product that turns into water droplets instantly upon massaging into the skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments
Initially it did wonders to my skin as though I have combination skin, I have really dry cheeks. There was a significant improvement on the suppleness and smoothness of my skin. Application of makeup base and foundation glides on better too.

Through the few months that I have been using it, the effect just seemed to stop at a stagnant stage. I guess it probably means that I have to seek out other products to see a prominent change in my skin again.

It’s great for starters to work around with and for the very fact that it gives me such bouncy cheeks.

Girls, please take care of your skin even if it means lesser money for clothes as you only have one face and there are no refunds or exchanges. With good skin even makeup becomes easier.

My Verdict
7 out of 10 stars, for being idiot proof to people like me.

Will I buy it again?
Though it has been my savior and I will be grateful for all my life. I will not be buying it again as my skin need to change it’s regime to see an improvement.

I would recommend this to girls out there who have hydrating issues and wants to prep their skin up.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment