'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Thursday, November 4, 2010

An APPLE a day keeps the DOCTOR away?

Apple stem cell technology is one of the newest breakthroughs to hit the cosmetic shelves, as stem cells have the ability to let the body renew and repair itself.

The benefits are not only that, apples too have great antioxidant and exfoliating properties. It is also fabulous for tired and stress out skin.

Not forgetting that they are also deliciously scented.

Why am I talking so much about apples, it is because the star for today is:
The Face Shop’s Fruit Bowl Hand Cream in Apple.

It really reminds me of the fairy tale: Snow White, with this glossy looking red apple packaging.

More information about it:
  • It is for ladies with normal to dry skin.
  • Contains apple extract, shea butter, coconut butter and mango butter.
  • Contains 30ml per container.
  • Prevents aging upon constant usage.
  • Maintain hydration of the hand by creating a protective layer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hand cream itself is in creamy, pale yellow in colour.

After blending the hand cream onto my hand, it feels soft and smooth instantly.

Pros
  • Feels light after application.
  • Fast absorption.
  • Smooth velvety texture.
  • Cooling sensation upon application.
  • Soothing apple scent helps to relax the senses.
  • There isn’t any oily lotion feel after application.
  • Attractive cute apple lookalike packaging adds the element of fun into the bothersome routine of application of hand creams.
  • Packaging is sturdy enough to even carry along in your luggage on trips overseas.

Cons
  • The initial overpowering scent of the apple smelling lotion can be potentially quite sickening though after a short while it‘s second note is a light lovely floral scent. To prevent this, try not to apply too much at a time.
  • The 30ml of product per container is a wee bit too little for my liking.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments
I love the non-sticky feeling it leaves on my skin unlike some of the lotions that I have used.

My hands felt instantly smooth and it lasted well throughout a day in an air-conditioned room.

The fast absorption ability of the lotion makes it possible to apply it on the go as and when my hands feel a little dry.

I absolutely love the apple lookalike packaging as it cheers me up whenever I am having a bad day at work.

My Verdict
7 out of 10 stars.

Will I buy it again?
Maybe, as I find that it works for me. Though I felt that it is not so value for money for such a small container of the product.

The apple-ish smell can be quite over-powering at times when I accidentally apply too much of it. You must control the amount used properly.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment