'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ooh la la~~

As I am a great fan of Benefit products, girls please stay tuned @ Sweet Sugar Caramel for a huge series of Benefit’s product reviews.

Today I will be talking about is the:
Benefit’s Ooh La Lift

 It’s an instant under-eye brightener with light reflecting pigments to perk up your tired looking eyes.

First, to avoid any potential confusion, Benefit’s Ooh La Lift is a pre-makeup prepping product with skincare properties like raspberry extracts for brightening.

It is not an under-eye treatment cream to reduce dark eye rings or a concealer for more coverage for the eye area.

Application wise, use the dip stick provided to apply three little dots under each eye and pat gently with your finger tips to blend it in.

It can be applied either before or after makeup to achieve the instant eye lighting effect.

Priced @ $42.00 dollars for a 7.0g tube

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How the application wand of Benefit’s Ooh La Lift look like.

The princess-y light pink colour of the product is SO my cup of tea.

Pros
  • After application before makeup, it seems that my eye makeup adhere better than before.
  • Helps to act as an under-eye primer.
  • Convenient, easy to carry around packaging
  • Light creamy texture, easily blend and absorbed by the skin.

Cons
  • The light reflecting pigments did not help in brightening or perking up of my tired eyes.
  • Plastic-y smell through it is not really noticeable unless you smell the product right from the tube or the applicator in a close distance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments
I did not experienced the WOW factor that it promised and was quite disappointed even through there were so much raves about it being a miracle saver and a star product.

Though, I suspect that it might be due to the fact that the condition of my eye area is perhaps too much for its magic to work. As one always say that one’s meat is the other’s poison or something along that line.

To me, it is more of an under-eye makeup base to allow make up to adhere better. I find that it works great in this particular area.

My Verdict
5.5 out of 10 stars

Will I buy it again?
Probably not, as it is quite expensive even through you only require very little amount each time. It too did not deliver the expected results that I am searching for.

Please note girls, for all the brands out there, there will be always hits and misses in their product range. Thus please do not condemn the entire brand if you encounter rash break out or was disappointed in that one certain product.

Despite this experience with Benefit’s Ooh La Lift, I can still proudly proclaim that I am a Benefit Addict and Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray is my current obsessed love interest.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment