'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Friday, February 18, 2011

A choice between Magnum ice-cream or Magnum lashes?

Maybe it’s Maybelline, maybe I’m born with it.

How I wished I was really born with it, though reality is often harsh in more than one way.

So join me in a journey in seeking the right mascara for your lovely peepers.

Today I will be talking about Maybelline’s The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara in Black.

Note: Maybelline’s The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara is totally different from the Maybelline’s Colossal Mascara even though they don similar packaging.

I've brought the Maybelline’s The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara in Jet black.

What you should know:
  • Priced @ $18.90 for a tube.
  • Comes in 2 colours: black and brown.
  • Waterproof and smudge proof.
  • Infused with collagen (Pumps lashes without clumping)
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros
  • Deep black colour helps to accentuate my lashes more with the contrast of my fair skin.
  • Dries instantly upon application.
  • Waterproof thus no more panda eyes after a sad movie or after a heavy downpour.
  • Did help increase the volume of my lashes.
  • Minimal to no flaking throughout the day.
  • Affordable and easily available.
  • Eye-catching cheery packaging.

Cons
  • Brush applicator wand is too big for my liking.
  • Brush applicator tip always picks up too much product thus have to swipe back in the container before applying.
  • Could not reach the smaller lashes at the corners of my eye.
  • Tends to be a little clumpy after layering and does not coat lashes evenly.
  • Difficult to remove, need a little more effort and patience.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments
I personally find that the collagen formula is a little gimmicky as, The Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara did just half of what it promises.

It did help in the pumping up of my lashes yet disappointingly, it clumps with only 2 light coating of the mascara. 

The application wand is a little too big to manage and I tend to get the mascara on my upper lids without fail every single time.

The feathering effect of the mascara looks a little similar to spider legs if not handled properly as well.

The only hit factor that I realised is that it is idea for ladies out there with sparse lashes and only want to bank in on the lovely volumising effect and its mesmerizing jet black mascara colour.

To me, I find that it doesn't work well with ladies that have dense and straight eye lashes like me who need more lengthening then volumizing. 

Well I guess there is always some hits and misses as no one is perfect.

After my encounter withThe Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara, I can still proudly say that with all the different mascara that Maybelline formulated, there bound to be something for me and you as they are a group of really innovative people with thier frequent new product lauches.

My Verdict
5 out of 10 stars.

Will I buy it again?
Probably not, as I felt that my eyes probably need more help in lengthening than volumising on my lashes.

Till next time ^_^

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing... haha thought of finding new Mascara... now 1 more less to consider =]...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem ^^
    Thanks for the comments, really make me feel that my reviews are appreciated XD

    ReplyDelete