'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Sunday, February 13, 2011

BENEFIT from BENEFIT techniques

Pardon me for this long overdue post, but it’s really rare for Benefit to hold makeup workshops thus I would really love to share my experience with you girls.

I was really excited when I heard the news that Benefit was going to hold a workshop @ Sephora Ion in conjunction with the launch of their now best selling highlighter: Girl meets pearl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the day itself, I was late for the workshop as I have a previous engagement with my client as it was a Saturday and poor me still have to work half day before I get to enjoy the weekends.

When I reach, I was pleasantly surprised that the kind makeup artists have decided to wait for my arrival before starting the session.

The workshop location is nicely tucked in a small corner of Sephora and though were only 6 participants including me yet there was 3 friendly Benefit’s staff to facilitate the whole workshop. It was a good ratio as there is better focus on each of the participant.

Look at how tempting Benefit's cosmetics are when they were all laid scattering on the table.

The theme of the workshop is on: How to create simple look with a stunning day-time smoky eye effect that is easy to wear and less time consuming.

I really benefited from the workshop as I have not experiment with creating  of the smoky eyes before as I fear of achieving panda lookalike eyes.

It was not easy but after the workshop, I started to be bolder with my makeup techniques and the usage of colours as well.

As I was quite the lost sheep in the group, I am really grateful to Benefit and their lovely staff for guiding me along.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was then the start of the live step by step demonstration and hand-on session which was very enriching,

The makeup artist for the day and the pretty volunteer.

Here’s what I learn:

1. Prime your face with the use of a toner and moisturizer.

2. Apply under eye cream to lighten existing dark eye circle problem and to moisturize the under eye area as it tends to be drier. (Benefit recommends their Eye-con for this step)

3. Using the dab and blend method, applying a thin layer of makeup base over the entire face while focusing more on the t-zone area. (Benefit recommends their Porefessional to minimize the look of enlarged pores)

4. Dab on appropriate amount of concealer to hide up all the flaws. (Benefit recommends Stay don’t stray to prime and Erase paste to conceal for the eyes and either Erase paste or Boi-ing to conceal for the face)

5. Apply on foundation for a flawless finish.

6. Start on the eye makeup with the creation of a smoky eye contoured look. Tips: Use dark colours by starting from the eye line and working upwards. (Benefit recommends Smokin’ eyes for a hassle free application)

7. Frame your eyes with the use of the eyeliner on the upper and lower lid. Tip: If it is messy or if there’s a mistake, just dab a little of Stray don’t stray on a cotton bud’s tip to remove and just layer on some concealer and foundation on.

8. Shape your brows for that perfect arch. Tips: Being lighter on the inner area of the brows and darker on the outer area of the brows. (Benefit recommends Smokin’ eyes for a hassle free application)

9. Highlight your T-zone and upper cheek area for a more 3-dimensional look. (Benefit recommends strongly the Girls meets pearl)

10. With the use of a blusher, lightly brush on a hint of colour using the special method of an E shape on each side of your face to create depth. Tips: Above brows, on cheeks and lastly the jaw area.  (Benefit recommends the usage of Benetint on the cheeks and Sugarbomb in the mentioned E application method)

11. Apply a subtle gloss to give some depth on the lips and you’re done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on the workshop,

The final results of my handwork for the day.

On the whole, I find that the workshop’s a little rush and the final look to be a little too sheer for my liking as I need a little more makeup to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Other that what I just mentioned, I am glad that I finally get my paws on experimenting with the smoky eye look.

Being a Benefit fan myself, I had a really good time while playing and experimenting with their products as well. On the whole, I love how Sugarbomb look on my fair skin and was really impressed with the Bad girl mascara for its fabulous lengthening and volumizing effect.

What really made my day was the light, cheery atmosphere and the friendly makeup artist and staff that kindly helped me out with steps that I am screwing up with without getting impatient. A great thumbs up to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The goodie bag includes 2 free samples and a redeemable voucher that I used to subsidize for the beautiful multi gloss kit after the workshop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, many thanks for Benefit and Sephora for holding such a fabulous events and I really hope there is more to come.

Girls, if you are interested in trying out any of Benefit’s fabulous products, feel free to go down to their counters to join me with my great love for their products.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment