'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Attending CozyCot International Women’s Day 2011

Heartfelt thanks for the nomination from Cozycot, all the support and ‘likes’ from my lovely readers and kind friends.

Extra thanks and love to Joy and Yong Qi who made their way down to give me their support for the event and for Yong Qi on agreeing on the last minute to be my photographer.

Really love you all a lot, I will be hosting another giveaway soon to express my thanks, stay tuned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am overjoyed when I was notified that I was nominated as one of the 100 most inspiring real women at such a young age.

As the countdown brings each day closer to the event, I was increasing excited until the fact that I wasn’t able to sleep well the day before the event.

The day arrived and I scrambled around my room to get ready for it with a striking top and my favorite makeup routine.

I even detoured a little by going for The Body Shop’s Warehouse Sales at Suntec City before making my way down as I myself am a big fan of their products.

When I reached the venue for the event: Orchard Central, I was shocked as they were ladies flooding the entire first floor atrium at the booths. This is the first time in my life that I have seen Orchard Central being so crowded and full of zest.

Without any hesitation, I went to register my attendance and join the sea of ladies at a few of the booths to kill some time before the appointed reporting time.

 The lovely stage for the CozyCot International Women’s Day 2011.

I heard my cue when an announcement was made and the 100 ladies slowly gathered at the stage center to their determined seating. My lucky number of the day was 80.

Wow, I must say that some of the ladies were all dressed to the nines for the CozyCot International Women’s Day 2011 even though the invites wrote that we are only required to dress in smart casual attire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The lovely emcee for the day: Elaine Daly and Paul Foster

 The inspiring speech by the founder of CozyCot: Nicole Yee

 
 Dressed for comfort, I was in a striking ensemble of red and black that expressed my playful character well even through it might be a little too casual when I am one of the awardees. 

I was really nervous throughout the presentation and I had a lot of butterflies in my stomach when I was waiting for my turn to receive the award.

Well, at least I managed to flash my million dollar smile for the non-stop flashing cameras even through I was really stiff and tensed on stage.

And... Thank god I did not trip on stage and screw things up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the event, after concentrating and putting my best behavior forward, it’s time for some cam-whoring and shopping at Far East in celebration of me getting the award.

 Me and my award.
The cultivation to nirvana or something similar.

*Hugs* Love you girls, am really touched that you girls came to support.

P.S Do say Hi if you see me at any events as I would love to get to know my readers more. I’m nice and I don’t bite, so no worries.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment